Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Matter of Perspective

I went to Walmart yesterday AND today. Just me and my boys. Are you proud of me? Shopping with 3 boys? Lol. Yeah I do that occasionally. Anyway, the pharmacy there was just a joke. We waited and then waited some more. Well, we got one of those carts with the little seats in front for kids. Know what I'm talking about? The ones that say "go ahead, comment about my huge family!"on them? (really it's written on there, go check.) The boys love those carts. And they took the opportunity to entertain themselves by laughing hysterically and pinching/squeezing each others cheeks. I'll be honest; they were pretty loud in their fun. Now I do have a point to this story! I'm getting to it:
I got a few "looks" again. One person gave me a "Tsk tsk" annoyance look. and methought: "hmm, she best not say anything 'cause I've about had it with snotty comments. She just might get an earful." After which a big burly guy came by and said "You need a bigger cart! Ha ha!" Hardee har har.
But, turning point: the checkout lady said to me: "Wow. It's great to finally see some happy kids. You never see happy kids anymore. It's a breath of fresh air." Huh. . . good point. Thanks lady! And not that I haven't had whiny kids begging to go home with a "You're taking too long, Mom!", and I've definitely had my share of a kicking/screaming carry-him-out-to-the-car episode, too. Who hasn't? My point can simply be wrapped up in today's lady's perspective: "Look at those boys having fun! Better to be laughing then crying." So true, so true. I'll take what I can get for now.
And on a completely random note, I saw the nurse who delivered Johnny at the store today. I have been meaning to send her something as a thanks, but it's just one of those things where you have good intentions but never get around to it. So I took the opportunity to gush what a great nurse she was, how sweet, compassionate, etc., and thee best labor coach, EVER. She appreciated it. Hmm, this is turning out to be a pretty good day. :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Isn't it so nice to have a nice comment for a change. It really tends to make your day! I'd never be so lucky as to have my boys all laughing at the same time!

arianne said...

there are some nice people out there!! I am telling you come back to utah and you will NEVEr have that problem!! lol

Gaylari said...

So I have a question for you since you are so expirenced with 3 boys and all. Do you sometimes go nuts with all the trouble they can get into in a VERY short amount of time? I cant even clean up one mess before they have started into another one!! oh the joys... any advice? :)

dena4kids said...

I like the checkout ladies perspective. I know I sometimes dwell on the negative. It is nice to see the glass half full sometimes huh.=)

The Schoonies said...

I am glad that you ran into someone nice. I cannot believe how inconsiderate other people are. They just do not think:)