Saturday, April 5, 2008

Everybody Loves Grandpa

Grandma & Grandpa came to visit us this week! We sure had some happy, happy boys. They absolutely love their grandparents; they're just too fun. So fun, in fact, that they have a hard time with rules and hate their parents for a few days, lol.
We had a packed week of little activities; we wanted to go to the beach, but as this was definitely not beach weather, we'll opt to do that later. We did however hit it to Old Salem. Old Salem is like going to Nauvoo, 'cept you have to pay a lot of $$ to be bored, tee hee. No seriously it is very picturesque; I'm just not a "take a tour" kind of gal. I like a self-tour, which is what we did. And of course the trip cannot be complete without a trip to the bakery and trying out their famous cookies.

We're teasing my mom in that top right corner picture; she says she likes the "action shots" so we provided her with one :).

And thank you Jennifer for the suggestion to go to Concord Mills! That mall is soo awesome, and soo exhausting all at the same time. It's huge, I tell ya! A big shopper's fantasy .

We took the boys on the carousel-- and yes this was one of those times that I mentioned "When I was a kid I NEVER went on the carousel!" Spoiled rotten boys, hee hee. They had a Carter's outlet there, and I'm not a huge carter's fan, but I must say it was pretty cool with awesome prices. We spent too long in there. Anyway, they have those totally awesome play places: you know those new ones with the cushioned floors and the soft stuff to play on? They're every parent's dream.

And don't miss my captions up there for the failed attempts at a happy picture. Our last day was spent here in town eating and shopping, and then we headed up for a visit with daddy at work:

Jeff took us on a short and safe tour. The boys turn first, and then the women's (Ya got to do what ya got to do when little boys fall asleep in the car on the way over). And I did have helmet hair afterward, but it was worth it:

And now they're off to Monique's house. It was a great trip and thanks for coming Mom & Dad! Of course the first words out of J & J's lips this morning was "Where's Grandma & Grandpa?" (wimper).

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I love all your pictures! THey are awesome. I am glad you had such a great visit with your rents. I love the captions to the picts and the poses with the hard hat on. What a model! hee hee.

thanks for having us over tonight.

Jessie said...

I love how your boys always have cute matchy outfits. What a fun visit!

dena4kids said...

Looks like fun! I haven't been to concord mills in a long time, we will have to go and try it out!=)

The Schoonies said...

Grandparents are the best:) I love the pictures of you and Jeff...you are hilarious Mandi and always make me smile with your posts!

Jen said...

What a fun time! I love the helmet pictures!

arianne said...

looks like you had a great time with your parents! I love all the great pictures!! you crack me up Mandi!!! I can just hear your laugh in all these pictures!! :)