Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Don't Be Lazy Son"/We've Turned A Corner

My little Ron John's Surf Shop turns 6 months this week! Where has the time gone? It kinda makes me sad. But it also makes me soo happy! I love 6 months babies! He can sit up- well, kinda. He's getting there. He's at the rattle/toy stage (well eat the toy stage :), gum a cracker stage, and eat my baby food in a highchair stage. See, he loves it! He obviously thinks it's delicious.And thanks to Jeff, Johnny Jump Up also holds his bottle. It cracks me up: every baby, Jeff says "Don't be lazy son. Hold your bottle. It's your only job." And then makes them hold it. Well lucky me 'cause now I have an extra hand when I'm holding him. It also makes me laugh that Jeff calls all our kids "son". Maybe I should have them call him "Pops"?
Best of all, he can't move around. He's not even close. Lucky me! That means no exploring, yet. And with 1 certain older bro around he's learning to defend himself. He tried to take off Jace's face the other day and screamed at him to get away. Good job son. Now where was my camera for that?

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the "don't be lazy son" It cracks me up. I would have loved it if Autumn had held her own bottle.

Jessie said...

What a cute chubster! Way to teach him some lifelong lessons, Daddy!

dena4kids said...

I love it when they hold their own bottle!Nothing I love more than seeing those little chubby fingers holding it up!=)

Jen said...

What sweet pictures. I wish Ethan would hold a bottle. Jesse does the whole "son" thing too. It must be a western term!

Emily said...

I agree with you. Six months is a great stage. Boston is 7 months and just barely learned how to sit up, still can't roll over and NOT even close to crawling. Love it!

WhettenWild said...

Jeff is so good at getting your kids to hold their bottles. Conal and I used to say to Jackson "Uncle Jeff says don't be lazy" ha ha. Jeff is so funny.

Renee said...

Wow...Johnny & Jeff look so much alike! I love that line..."don't be lazy son". That makes me giggle! :)

The Schoonies said...

The picture with Jeff and Johnny is cute. I cannot believe he is 6 months old...it just seems like you were posting about something at 4 months old. Time flies!