Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference Weekend

I do love Conference Weekend! Really, I do-- I'm not being a cheeseball. Since we do not live in UT, and we are so dang cheap that we don't have cable, we watched it online from home. Yes! I said we WATCHED it. Not listened this time, since LDS.org has thee best website, ever. Not to bash on my alma mater, but whoever was in charge of streaming conference/devotionals before on BYU TV should lose their jobs. It rarely worked, and when it did, it certainly did suck.
But how to keep the kids quiet/not wrestling dad/not asking me questions 2 inches from my face during the whole thing? Feed them, of course! Keep their hands and mouths busy, ha ha. Look gross?
It was!! That's 'cause mommy was too busy to remember to buy snack items (veg's & dip, fruit, etc) beforehand. I was a little preoccupied with guests we had last week and such. Nah it was kid friendly and they still liked it.
Anyway, I must confess 2 things: 1., being that I listen perfectly when I am playing a brain-dead game such as solitaire or minesweeper. Does this mean I have adult ADHD? 2nd, or B.(family joke ;): I typically, ACCIDENTALLY fall asleep during the last session right about after the intermediate hymn. Thank heavens I didn't this time! What mother could not absolutely love Elder Ballard's talk? If you know me, you know I feel guilty about what I do or don't do as a parent. What a breath of fresh air: "Inadequacy": check. "Monotony": check.(occasionally). I'm doing the best I can, so I'm going to get over it! Loved the cheerios story ('cept lately that's Jeff wrestling the boys all on his own; poor Jeffrey). I appreciate what he said about husbands supporting and respecting their wives. In contrast, I have realized all week just how lucky I am, when Jeff gets up at 6:00 to be at work before 7:00 am, and I roll over and say "love ya hon!" and start snoring logs before he even says bye. What could be nicer than a loving husband who works their buns off so I can stay home and spend his money? (and again, if ya know me, you know that money part ain't true either ;)

6 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun time! I don't know why you didn't have enough time to go to the store....I mean there were only a hundred peeps at your house Saturday..LOL!

Jessie said...

LOVED that talk!!! Do your kids eat green olives or was that the adult snack? LOL!

dena4kids said...

I loved that talk too! I loved what President Monson said after it too! He was funny! Good Times, good times!

Renee said...

I LOVED that talk! I feel it was meant just for me. Kelly is totally a hands on daddy...but the part of the feeling inadequate, that hit home for me. I also like the encouragement to "enjoy the moment". I need to do that more often...& not be so rushed into what is on the calander.

Heidi said...

That was an awesome talk! IT was just what i needed to hear. Congrats on not falling asleep.

Jeremy, Andrea & Halle said...

That was a good talk, but I must confess I was in and out of sleepiness during the last session, so I don't really remember that much, oops! Good thing we can read it in the Ensign or I would be in deep doo doo ;)