Sunday, March 30, 2008

Insurrection

I've made a big mistake. I let Jace go nude when he was sick, just once. And that's all it takes. See, Jace is the kind of kid where you give him an inch, he'll take a mile. Every day since then, he's fought me about getting dressed. One day of allowing no clothes, and this is what I get. One of the days last week I couldn't get him to put his clothes on (you can force them on, but he'll just take them back off-- it's got to be his decision), and he finally fell asleep after a fit:
in the closet, laying in the baby car seat with the car seat blanket to cover him. Good grief.
Now, I don't have anywhere to be; I rarely go places, so it's not that big a deal. Come Sunday. I knew this was going to be a problem. That kid would not get dressed. So we did what we had to do to be early for prelude: we took him undressed. That 80 degree weather is long gone, and I'd estimate it was about 45 degrees outside. He was undeterred. He missed half of church, sitting in his car seat, purple lips, starting to shake from the cold. He's one stubborn kid. He just saw the picture of him and said, "Hey! That's me! That's silly!" . . .Amen.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

so that's where you were...outside with him. What fun!

Jen said...

That had to be the funniest story ever! Especially since we pulled up right beside your car this morning at church and when I looked over and saw Jace I jumped. I certainly wasn't expecting to see him. GT GT Kids are SOOOO funny! In a couple years this story will be hilarious to you!

Emily said...

Love his expression in the first picture. I was waiting for you to say that he wouldn't keep his diaper on. Good thing it's his clothes and not the diaper.

Jessie said...

I feel horrible that you are going through this, but it makes for a great laugh for the rest of us!

dena4kids said...

Oh my Jace is so funny! I can just see him now not wanting to put on any clothes! GTGT! =)

Renee said...

OH man...I love that you are so real in your posts! Today, I had a pull-out-your-hair kind of day (hence I am having me-time at midnight), & seriously, your posts tell me....there are others that have hard times & it makes me chug along! Thanks for the moment to escape...And, now I'm off to make a list! hee hee